Hi there! My name’s Sam and as you’ve probably gathered by now, this is my blog. I’ve recently ventured into my thirties, and into motherhood with the birth of my first human child last year. I’m the Manager of Operations for a dog boarding and rescue facility by day, and a writer by night. I am one of those crazy dog people, with four of my own (all rescues, of course). I love popcorn so much so that I would be perfectly content with eating it as a meal, with a glass of wine of course. I am lucky to have a husband who supports me one hundred percent, it’s no exaggeration when I say he really is my biggest fan. I am a bookworm with a perpetual need to absorb knowledge. I’m not religious, but I do believe that karma always comes back to bite you in the ass.
This blog began as a vessel to simply get my thoughts out and practice my craft. It’s since evolved into something with more of a purpose. My goal here is to share whatever knowledge I have that I think may be helpful, useful, or even just simply entertaining to others. Having said that, please don’t take anything I say here too personally. What do I know anyways, right? I do promise that I always do my due diligence; I will never promote a product, service, or lifestyle that I don’t completely believe in. On that note, I love working with cool new people. If that sounds like you, send me an email!
Where I’ve Been
- Published birth story in Pregnancy & Newborn Magazine April 2017 print issue
- “Knocked Up” blogger for Pregnancy & Newborn Magazine (March 2016 to present)
- Contributing writer for Cigar & Spirits Magazine (January 2013 to January 2016)
- Posts featured on Thought Catalog
- Guest pet columnist for OC Mom Blog. (August 2014 to October 2014)
- Writer for a pet industry company, Paws Pet Resorts and Rescue. Works include newsletters, blog posts, social media content, website content, and other desktop publications. (January 2009 to present)
- Brands I’ve worked with: Riley’s Organic Treats, PupBox, and Raw Sugar Living